Join a culture as committed to your success as you are
HOME / Firmware Engineer
Sant Cugat del Valles, Barcelona, Spain
No additional locations
Job ID: 3114586
Posted: March 16, 2023
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- In-depth understanding of modern operating systems, especially Linux.
- Experience in concurrent programming. Experience in multithreaded and/or multi-process systems, understanding usage of synchronization primitives, different communication paradigms and protocols, mutual exclusion, producer-consumer schemes, memory sharing, data communication and priority assignment
- Experience with Linux, Windows and Mac software development, package, test & release, and with libraries generations.
- Experience in product development or similar work.
- Software developer: be a proficient software developer, capable of develop high quality, well-architected, good performance software.
- Creates, analyzes, designs, document, debugs, and modifies firmware and software components.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product and solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies, debugs, and creates solutions for issues.
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding Firmware applications design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Review specifications, designs and development documentation.
Additional skills to be considered:
- Experience in real time operating systems and tool chains.
- Experience in code debugging: usage of debuggers and (desirable) tracing tools, memory corruptions and leakage detection and correction, stack analysis.
- Experience in state machine design and implementation, event driven control, complex error detection and recovery, synchronization between multiple devices with multiple states.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Bash/Shell, TCL, Perl and Python scripting languages.
What we offer:
• Opportunity to work in an international organization with colleagues coming from all over the world.
• Diverse, continued internal growth and career opportunities. Including HP’s own learning platform and LinkedIn Learning.
• An attractive benefit package:
– Health & Life insurance
– Lunch at reduced prices at our canteen/ ticket restaurant vouchers
– HP product discount
– Flex optimization program: Kindergarten tickets, public transportation tickets
• We have a Women Network which organizes activities such as; Networking, the promotion of STEM vocations, talks on; improving business acumen, work life balance and skills of the future etc
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s poss